The Fundraising Group Lead Volunteer will support fundraising at Seamab by co-ordinating meetings of interested individuals to form a group to organise small fundraising activities such as bag packing days, race nights, sponsored walks etc
This role will suit someone who wants to help Seamab on a long-term basis. It is a flexible role and most suited to someone who is free in the evening and at weekends.
You need to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
Main tasks and activities include:
- Organising group meetings;
- Interaction with the general public and explaining Seamab’s work in a clear and positive way;
- Liaising between the group and the charity to ensure the Fundraising Manager is kept aware of meetings and activities; and
- Co-ordinating the group to fundraise for Seamab.
We are looking for volunteers who have the following attributes:
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Honesty and reliability;
- An ability to represent Seamab appropriately and enthusiastically; and
- A friendly approach and the ability to ensure everyone in a group is heard.
What we will offer you
We will offer a range of support to help you make the most of your role:
- Information and fundraising materials such as balloons, banners, t-shirts and sponsor forms;
- Initial training;
- Regular catch up meetings (face to face or via phone) with the Fundraising Manager - minimum 1 per month; and
- Reimbursement of agreed out of pocket expenses incurred whilst carrying out activities on behalf of Seamab (e.g. travel).
The role will initially last for six months. Time spent in the role will be at least half a day per month and is flexible based on your availability. We would also require you to be available for half a day’s training.
This volunteering role requires references and a basic police check. Volunteers will be asked to provide all relevant documents for Seamab to carry out these checks.